Lower Back Injuries in Fort Wayne
At some point or another, almost everyone will experience lower back pain. For some people, however, lower back pain can be a regular disruption in daily life that causes significant difficulty and discomfort. If back pain is a regular part of your life, you can find relief through True Wellness Chiropractic in Fort Wayne, where you will find a wide range of chiropractic services catered to your needs. Keep reading to get a better understanding of lower back injuries, which are a common complaint among our patients seeking chiropractic care.
Causes of Lower Back Injuries
From poor sleep to demanding fitness routines, there are many possible sources for lower back pain and injuries. Below, you can get a look at a handful of some of the most common culprits of lower back pain that may be behind your discomfort.
- Heavy lifting – Strains and sprains are some of the most likely injuries in the lower back, and these are often related to heavy lifting with the wrong lifting techniques. Lifting with the strength of the legs and keeping the back straight while lifting are essential steps in avoiding injuries when moving heavy objects. Frequent bending or crouching can also be a source of muscle and soft tissue injuries in the lumbar spine.
- Obesity – Being overweight or obese puts added pressure on the bones and joints with an excess of pressure in the lower back. Losing even just 5-10 pounds can make a big difference in lower back pain caused by being overweight.
- Sciatica – When back pain is accompanied by numbness or tingling in the legs and buttocks, it is likely caused by compression of the sciatic nerve. This compression might be caused by herniated spinal discs, tumors, or cysts that can develop in the lower spine for a number of reasons.
- Degenerative conditions – Suffering from arthritis, osteoporosis, or other degenerative conditions can accelerate damage that tends to take place in the lower back due to the aging process.
Treatments for Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain can often be treated with a non-invasive approach, which may include physical therapy, chiropractic adjustments, and decompression therapy. By utilizing advanced diagnostic technologies, True Wellness Chiropractic can pinpoint the exact cause of your back pain to design a treatment plan that will offer ongoing relief.
At True Wellness Chiropractic, we understand that back pain requires a more involved approach than temporary symptom relief with medications that often have a number of negative side effects. Our treatment approach will provide long-term relief so that you can live pain-free in Fort Wayne. To schedule your first appointment with us and get to know the causes of your back pain, call (260) 918-9071.
- State of the Art Treatment Center
- Most Advanced Treatment Protocols Offered
- Convenient Location/Hours
- Advanced X-Ray Techniques
- Accepts Most Insurances